Due to some shitty timing on our part, later in the afternoon after Field Day, two families dropped off their 2nd grade girls for a sleepover with Vivian. Jo could hardly walk and I was pretty slow on my feet and didn't know what to expect. Turns out that the three girls and Evan were a delightful group for the most part.
Here they are getting ready to put a cake in the oven. The kids whisked the cake batter and Jo is pouring it into a pan over sliced fresh strawberries, a box of strawberry flavored Jello, and a large bag of mini marshmallows. Vivian is doing her happy dance. Evan isn't missing a thing. I tried to get him to go see the Spongebob movie with me but he declined - he was worried the girls may have more fun.
In the photo above the kids are eating dinner. Then they went off to finish a movie and I toodled off to bed. At some point, Jo got the girls into bed and took Evan upstairs to sleep with her. Then at 3:00am she had to come down to shhh the girls because they were chatting. That woke me up and I read and finally managed to fall back to sleep at 4:30am. Till I felt that someone was staring at me and turned over to find three girls peering at me and Vivian announcing "See. He snores". That was 5:45am.
So I took them to Taco Shack for breakfast. It hadn't opened yet. The girls stood on their benches and sang while Evan gamely photo bombed. After breakfast we went to Rosedale Park and played till it was time to return home and start getting the visitors ready for pick-up.
One of the girls was picked up by her dad at 9:30ish. We took the other and our kids to Waterloo Ice House for a second breakfast and a meeting with a different set of parents about Girl Scouting for next year. Vivian and her friends played like they were fresh and full of energy. We got back home by noon and all four of us were in bed in minutes. The kids napped for four hours. And then Sarah came to sit them while Jo and I went off to a "Big Leboswski" party with a third set of Magellan parents (don't we have a pitiful social life) and made it back home by midnight. Thank the lord tomorrow is Sunday.
Here they are getting ready to put a cake in the oven. The kids whisked the cake batter and Jo is pouring it into a pan over sliced fresh strawberries, a box of strawberry flavored Jello, and a large bag of mini marshmallows. Vivian is doing her happy dance. Evan isn't missing a thing. I tried to get him to go see the Spongebob movie with me but he declined - he was worried the girls may have more fun.
In the photo above the kids are eating dinner. Then they went off to finish a movie and I toodled off to bed. At some point, Jo got the girls into bed and took Evan upstairs to sleep with her. Then at 3:00am she had to come down to shhh the girls because they were chatting. That woke me up and I read and finally managed to fall back to sleep at 4:30am. Till I felt that someone was staring at me and turned over to find three girls peering at me and Vivian announcing "See. He snores". That was 5:45am.
So I took them to Taco Shack for breakfast. It hadn't opened yet. The girls stood on their benches and sang while Evan gamely photo bombed. After breakfast we went to Rosedale Park and played till it was time to return home and start getting the visitors ready for pick-up.
One of the girls was picked up by her dad at 9:30ish. We took the other and our kids to Waterloo Ice House for a second breakfast and a meeting with a different set of parents about Girl Scouting for next year. Vivian and her friends played like they were fresh and full of energy. We got back home by noon and all four of us were in bed in minutes. The kids napped for four hours. And then Sarah came to sit them while Jo and I went off to a "Big Leboswski" party with a third set of Magellan parents (don't we have a pitiful social life) and made it back home by midnight. Thank the lord tomorrow is Sunday.




No comments:
Post a Comment