Upon returning from Vermont, as we drove up Alu and Michelle's driveway, Evan asked "Do we get a treasure hunt every time we get here?"
No. But on our last evening we grilled at Alu's and then went to Narragansett beach. It was almost seven in the evening and we had to circle the large parking lot to park. The beach was full. I walked the length of the beach all the way up to the the mouth of the river that we had kayaked up a few days ago. When I returned I found the kids had gone into a frenzied last-day-at-the-beach mode.
Jo wondered how long the children would stay at the beach if we didn't say a thing. I guess at least midnight, perhaps morning. The crowd slowly thinned. The kids played on. Eventually I gave them the five minute warning. It was past nine thirty. We kissed the Atlantic good bye for another season and headed home.
Michelle had made Alu a fabulous and delicious home made ice cream cake. The kids sang their usual 4 happy birthday songs (standard, Spanish, you smell like a monkey, and one more along those lines) and we all dug in. Tomorrow morning we leave the house at 6am to head back to Texas and the white wooden house.
No. But on our last evening we grilled at Alu's and then went to Narragansett beach. It was almost seven in the evening and we had to circle the large parking lot to park. The beach was full. I walked the length of the beach all the way up to the the mouth of the river that we had kayaked up a few days ago. When I returned I found the kids had gone into a frenzied last-day-at-the-beach mode.
Jo wondered how long the children would stay at the beach if we didn't say a thing. I guess at least midnight, perhaps morning. The crowd slowly thinned. The kids played on. Eventually I gave them the five minute warning. It was past nine thirty. We kissed the Atlantic good bye for another season and headed home.
Michelle had made Alu a fabulous and delicious home made ice cream cake. The kids sang their usual 4 happy birthday songs (standard, Spanish, you smell like a monkey, and one more along those lines) and we all dug in. Tomorrow morning we leave the house at 6am to head back to Texas and the white wooden house.



No comments:
Post a Comment