It is Amanda’s birthday month. Gordon and Amanda invited us to a lovely quiet Sunday evening dinner. I got to enjoy some old whiskey, Gordon grilled very good stake and salmon, we chatted with Amanda, but it was really the kids that left an impression on the evening.
After a slow start, they played quietly in Olive’s room through most of dinner. Then they arrived to act out a couple of plays. I took about two dozen photos but there isn’t one where at least one child isn't fuzzy. They buzzed around each other like a cloud of electrons. Olive - the sweetest calmest little lady I knew up till now spoke like she had just drank a pot of expresso while inhaling a helium balloon. It was awe inspiring.
Happy birthday Amanda. May your next year be filled with happiness, love, and peace. And lots of plays.
You are welcome, Jen. Our kids and Olive have inflicted a life time dose of birth control trauma on Travis in about 15 minutes.




No comments:
Post a Comment