...but not meant in any derogatory way. Over the Fourth of July, the rest of us sipped spirits, grilled, laid out, killed wasps, and engaged in various other poolside activities, but we mostly watched Travis repeatedly (term not used lightly here) toss the kids into the deep end.
Between the wine, the Texas summer heat and the red eye from Seattle I fell asleep some time during the proceedings. Later I woke up and Jo and Evan and Vivian and I set off a box of fireworks in the driveway. Felt more like Diwali in Hyderabad than watching a grand show of fireworks downtown - loads of fun.
Oh - and sometime between Nebraska and now Evan ditched his floatie and decided to just swim. The last time he did this was in the summer of 2014 before he changed his mind and attached himself to his floatie for another two years. Will it stick this time?
Between the wine, the Texas summer heat and the red eye from Seattle I fell asleep some time during the proceedings. Later I woke up and Jo and Evan and Vivian and I set off a box of fireworks in the driveway. Felt more like Diwali in Hyderabad than watching a grand show of fireworks downtown - loads of fun.
Oh - and sometime between Nebraska and now Evan ditched his floatie and decided to just swim. The last time he did this was in the summer of 2014 before he changed his mind and attached himself to his floatie for another two years. Will it stick this time?


No comments:
Post a Comment