Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mommy's Dinner

This morning Vivian discovered an almost empty box of chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's sitting beside the armchair where I was working last night and said "Mommy - Daddy eat toklate".

The back story: We have a thing for Trader Joe's chocolate covered almonds and no Trader Joe's in town. So Alu and Michelle had got us a couple of boxes.

The back-back story: there was this incident when the Shahs got us a box. Jo was gone all day. When I got to the point where the box was half-empty I thought it would be best to keep on going rather than get into a protracted existential discussion with myself about half-empty-ness versus half-full-ness. But Jo eventually found out about the box of chocolates she never saw.

So this morning Jo expressed her displeasure. Vivian stood there and took it all in. Then she looked accusingly at me and said "Daddy eat Mommy's dinner".

Oh - and happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: