I would be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive when Jo went away on her trip to Italy. A week later and a few hours away from Jo's return, I am happy with how it went.
When she wakes up in the morning, Vivian mixes her "Daddy I awake" and "Mommy I right here" evenly. But after the first morning, she knew which side of the bread was buttered and that "Mommy Grandma vacation Italy". And she strictly asked for Daddy. But when she missed her Mommy she'd say: "I want Mommy come back".
And there were occasional rough patches - like when Vivian wanted lollipops and raisins for lunch. And the meeting with Tina that started badly at Starbucks and went downhill fast - Vivian doesn't like to talk about social networks. And at Opals, when she said she was going home to watch Dora, and I nabbed her just as she was about to walk out the door.
But she patiently sat through a meeting at Rosedale School. And went around and charmed everyone at Dog & Duck and the bar at SoCo Cafe. And was happy to be the center of attention at Gordon's party.
Next time Vivian and I will go on a Roman holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment