Vivian points to the night sky and shows me Venus almost every evening. And proudly announces "Bright star Venus".
Vivian happens to be at a point in her life where she finds it necessary to assign ownership to everything. Daddy's car, mommy's purse, my Rody, etc. Anything unclaimed quickly joins the "my" group. And Venus hadn't been claimed as daddy's or mommy's or grandma's or Abe's and was up for grabs.
This evening, Vivian dutifully and correctly points out Venus. Then we get in the car and she starts chanting "my Venus". Except it really really sounds like "my penis". I try hard to enunciate the "vee" in Venus between cries of "my penis" - to no avail. So I decide to distract her with a new word. I say "Vivian, you are an astronomer". She repeats "tronomer" a few times.
Then we get to Barnes and Nobles and I get her out of the car. She points to the crescent moon and says "Daddy - moon. I tronomer". Thankfully Venus has almost set behind the trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment