Last week Jo saw someone getting arrested for PI on our street at 7am. Tonight, it's the SWAT team.
They evacuated the houses on either side and pulled a couple of SWAT armored trucks into the front of this house at the end of our block. That was five hours ago. A few minutes ago it ended with several rounds of teargas and handgun fire and repeated megaphone announcements of "step out of the front door with your hands in the air". The police man told us "it ended peacefully". The word was that someone had barricaded himself with a weapon.
So Robbe and the Noltes and I are standing in our bare feet in the Nolte's front yard and chatting when a fire truck rolls up. A fireman jumps out and asks us if we are 4519 and had we called 'em. As politely as I could, I told him - No. That'd be three houses up. Yep - the one with the couple of dozen cops and SWAT guys milling around in the yard that you just drove past.
Vivian slept peacefully through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment