Monday, March 23, 2009

Recent Gems

Vivian's latest thing is talking like an adult. The other day I asked her to come to the table for lunch and she replied: "In a minute, Daddy". Today, she pointed at purple lettuce on her plate at lunch and asked: "Daddy - how about some purple lettuce?"

In the last week or two, Vivian has learned to sing the alphabet more or less correctly - though she glosses over "x", and "l-m-n-o-p" are more like a single multi-syllabic word. And then she surprised the heck out of us by counting to diez in Spanish the other day, and from 10 to 14 in English. And I think she was practicing her antonyms on the changing table last week: "Open. Close. Happy. Sad"

Jo or I can't claim credit for this. If it's Ana, she is one heck of a teacher - cramming all this into 2-3 hours once a week. And we thought they are running around the park or goofing off with Dora on the tube.

No comments: