Vivian got great loot for her birthday. She decked out Rody with some of her gifts to get him ready for a wedding. Then I pretend-walked Vivian down the aisle and she got married to Rody.
And here's a picture of her and Holden ridding away on Rody.
Vivian loves everything she gets. She is very excited and happy if you give her a darn leaf. This attitude of hers has made me lax and I have relied on Jo more and more to buy stuff for her. We both helped buy her bike at Christmas, but the other stuff mysteriously appears. I bought her exactly two small items for her stocking stuffer: a glowing chemical filled necklace, and a bouncy ball with flashing leds. For her birthday, Jo got her gifts. I nodded like I had something to do with it.
So when Vivian profusely and specifically thanked me for one of the movies she got for her birthday, I felt a tinge of guilt. I had to tell her:
"Mommy actually got you the gift"
"Um, OK - thanks for the other DVD then, Daddy"
"That one was also Mommy's work"
"Well - how about the dress?"
"Mommy"
And here's what makes Vivian such a lovely child. She could have wondered out aloud what exactly the fuck I had got for her. Instead she gave me a huge hug and said:
"Well, Daddy - thanks for the necklace and the ball you got me for Christmas."
Bless you heart Vivian.



No comments:
Post a Comment