Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow

Jo wanted a beach but Evan hasn't gotten himself a passport yet and there aren't any warm beaches this time of year without leaving our shores. So I got my family ski trip to Santa Fe. And it snowed before we got there, while we were there, and when we left.

Evan seemed slightly perturbed with all the white stuff and couldn't tell what the fuss was all about. Vivian is a snow bunny and doesn't seem to mind the cold. She built snowmen, tobogganed, fought snow ball fights, took ski lessons, and had a good time. Jo tolerated a few runs on the beginner slopes. Carol signed up for the Never Before class but her knees said Not Now. I had a great time.


I  suspect the future holds more beach vacations. But Vivian and I have a plan. We'll spend a few days at Tahoe and then catch up with the rest of the fam on the way to Hawaii. I can get used to packing swim shorts and ski pants in the same bag.

No comments: