I spend Friday mornings with Evan. Some times we go to the park. Vivian is usually at school but last Friday she had the day off. Vivian and Evan played together. Then Evan practiced his newest pet trick - the wave. Then he crawled under the couch to retrieve something and he thought that he was stuck there. I know I should have rescued him right away but he looked so comical and I had the camera all ready to go and couldn't resist taking a quick photo.
This Friday we spent our quality time at the doctor's. Poor Evan is sick again - the third time this month. We hung out at the doctors for two hours. We started with the usual weigh-in and temperature reading. Followed by Dr G's first visit. Then a trip across the hall to draw blood for a test. A second consult with Dr G. Back to the lab for a couple of x-rays. Consult #3. A visit from the nurse and a big fat shot of antibiotic in the thigh. And finally a 20 minute wait to see if he reacts poorly. Evan took it all very well. Even the shot which the nurse told me is so painful that they mix lidocaine in it to help with the pain. Dr G made us an appointment to see him on Monday again. But we hope it will be quick this time because Evan's already a lot better.
I went with Jo every time Vivian went to the doctor. But it was for scheduled shots and check-ups. Between Vivian's second and third birthdays we saw Dr. G only once. Probably the same between 3 and 4. The second child syndrome hit in Evan's case - I've almost never gone to any of his visits. But Evan's working to rectify that. I am now reacquainted with the entire staff at the doctor's office. And Pooja - the Indian phlebotomist, and Evan are practically buds.


No comments:
Post a Comment