Tuesday, February 22, 2011

While I Waited in Line

This story is left over from our trip to Santa Fe. 

The morning we were to fly out of Austin, we got a couple of inches of snow. So Austin came to a slipping and sliding halt. We however, dutifully made it to the airport an hour before our flight. After all, Southwest's website indicated that our flight was on time. Till we pulled up in front of the airport, when we got an SMS that it had been canceled.Thankfully before we had to unload the two kids and several car seats and rolling stock and luggage. So Jo dropped me off at the terminal and went to wait for me in the parking garage.

There were about two hundred people in line at Southwest and two agents. I timed the first three in queue and estimated that it would be tomorrow before I got to the counter. So I called Southwest and waited while on hold. A helpful message estimated that my wait time would be about 37 minutes.

About 25 minutes into the hold I was beginning to feel that I was really making progress. But then I got an SMS from Jo telling me where she had parked. She had re-booked us for the afternoon flight.While nursing Evan. And repacking our luggage.

No comments: