There's no way to put this delicately. Vivian has a rampant infestation of head lice.
On the way back from HK I noticed Vivian was scratching her head. Next morning Jo checked and found some tiny black insects crawling around. I got on the phone and asked Dr Sahu. He calmy informed me that it was head lice. We spent many hours researching CDC and many Indian websites. Medicated shampoo was bought and used. Sahiti oiled and combed Vivian's hair with a fine tooth comb and showed us how to do it. Bedsheets were washed in scalding hot water.
Swtiching gears, again rather indelicately, we have a pigeon poop problem. Pigeons have made a nest in the service balcony above where the clothes line is. They poop on the drying laundry. Jo goes out on the balcony and periodically rattles a broom around and attempts to rouse the fearless pigeons. Rats with feathers I tell her.
Which brings us to rodents. Jo opened the pantry the other day and shrieked. So loudly that it made Evan bawl in the living room. Appears that our pet mouse jumped on her in it's attempt to get out of the pantry.
ps. I forgot to mention our collection of friendly house geckos. They lurk behind curtains and picture frames during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment