Monday, January 16, 2012

This Early?

The other day Vivian made a card for her friend. On the way to school she asked me if I thought he would like it. I said "Probably not. Boys don't like cards and stuff". When we reached her class, Shwana Teacher asked what it was, somewhat hopefully. Maybe the problem student had turned over a new leaf in the new year and was going to be a teacher's pet. Vivian replied "I made a card for Y". Shwana Teacher scowled.

A couple of days later I was there to pick up Vivian from school. She and Y and a few boys were horsing around the playscape. Y's mom was sitting on the steps with a couple of ladies in head scarves. When Vivian ran by her, she said "Vivian, Y has made something for you. He'll bring it to school tomorrow."

The next day Jo went to get Vivian from school. When Vivian got back from school, she said "Daddy - I have something for you." She showed me a card, which in four-year old scrawl said: "Vivian <3 (heart) Y". And there was a hand-drawn Spiderman.

I gaped at it. Vivian said "See, daddy. Boys like cards".

I thought I had more time. Does it start this early? In Hyderabad?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aie!

arun said...

Time is short, you are only a few years behind G