We kept Evan home a couple of days - he is coughing like a old smoker. So Evan is watching reruns of Wild Kratts on Netflix all day. At least they are educational, I tell myself. Yesterday after an extended session, Evan said "Daddy - do you know that those things that stick out in bat's wings are their fingers and the wing is skin that is stretched between the fingers".
Steve got married yesterday and I spent half the day at Bastrop. Jo didn't go because of Evan. Over lunch at China Cafe I asked Vivian if she wanted to go to the wedding with me. She was pretty clear. "Unless I'm going to be a flower girl I'm not interested".
Soon after we left for India in 2011, most of Bastrop State park and several houses in the surrounding area were burnt in a huge fire. The park is still looking very burnt. It will apparently take decades to get back to looking like it did before.
The entire wedding party, men, women and children, including the bride and groom were dressed in black Converses. The bride sang her vows (Freddy Mercury's "You're My Best Friend") and the officiator was an old family friend who was tattooed from head to toe. Funky weird Austin fun.
Steve got married yesterday and I spent half the day at Bastrop. Jo didn't go because of Evan. Over lunch at China Cafe I asked Vivian if she wanted to go to the wedding with me. She was pretty clear. "Unless I'm going to be a flower girl I'm not interested".
Soon after we left for India in 2011, most of Bastrop State park and several houses in the surrounding area were burnt in a huge fire. The park is still looking very burnt. It will apparently take decades to get back to looking like it did before.
The entire wedding party, men, women and children, including the bride and groom were dressed in black Converses. The bride sang her vows (Freddy Mercury's "You're My Best Friend") and the officiator was an old family friend who was tattooed from head to toe. Funky weird Austin fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment