Sunday, December 07, 2014

Trail of Lights

As we fight traffic to get to Zilker park, we try to boost the kids' holiday spirits with Christmas music in the car. We park in the fading dusk and Jo uses the miracle of cell phones for find the Tenney family in a crowd of five thousand other runners. Get set go! And the Trail of Lights Fun Run is on. Becky and Jo stay with the little ones while Sean and I decide to tackle to older kids. In a flash Jack, Sam and Vivian and off and they literally disappear into the crowd of runners in front of us. They can squeeze in the space between runners' hips and feet while I have to find a way around them. Somehow Sean and I keep up with them till Vivian gets a stitch. She and I slow down while the Tenney boys fly past us.


We all reunite at the finish line. There's free beer and donuts and pop corn but we are all done. We stand around the massive yule log and warm ourselves for a bit and trudge back to our cars and drive back home and dive into bed. Evan is the only one who is still talking. Mmmm - lazy Sunday tomorrow.

No comments: