Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sand Bags

As we were getting ready to leave Fredericksburg after a great day at Enchanted Rock and up and down Main Street, the seat moving switch on the passenger seat of the Subaru flaked out. With the seat stuck in the position where it is pushed as far forward as possible. On the drive back the kids got plenty of leg room in the back while Jo up front felt she was on an American flight. So next morning I took the car to the dealership and then Jo dropped me off at the gym. When she came to pick me up, Vivian and Evan had a go at the climbing rope. Vivian makes it look easy. Evan wasn't so sure.


The kids got to see me finish my workout. My last thing was 20 sand bag get-ups with a sixty pound bag. I felt like a roach on it's back. Jen took this photo at about number 17.


That evening Mona dropped off my birthday gift. Her special cake, except they keep getting even better. I wasn't home ("Hobbit" with Aaron and Gage). Jo took the photo and texted it to me to make sure I hurried home. And the bottom photo was at 1am. Now getting off the couch feels like that sand bag workout. It's called functional fitness.

No comments: