Sunday, December 07, 2014

Saturday Afternoon

Like last year, Kevin's party is at the Y pool - indoor and heated with a fun slide and play area beside the pool. From noon to two, Vivian never stopped moving. Running, chasing, swimming, climbing. At 2:00 I throw her in the car and get back to the Taekwondo place. Evan and Jo are already there and Evan is posing very seriously and getting his photos taken. A little bit later it's Vivian's turn. Then we spend about half an hour examining the photos on a screen and we delete about half of them. The photographer promises that we'll have the images before Christmas. The'd better be golden for what she charged us. We get back in the car and drive home. Both kids are fast asleep. It's 3:30pm.


I lay Evan down in his bed in his Taekwondo clothes. Vivian and I have survived on a donut so far. She wakes up, and she and I stuff ourselves. And Jo and Vivian take off for Kira's birthday at Crenshaw's gymnasium. I let Evan sleep for a few more minutes while I round up the kids' running shoes and other stuff they will need later in the evening. I change Evan while he sleeps and carry him to the car. When we get to Crenshaw's he wakes up and says "My old gym" and is instantly awake and ready to go. He jumps into the fun and both he and Vivian speed around the place like wind-up toys. While the Saturday is beginning to take it's toll on me.



No comments: