We missed Minal's birthday because we were in Florida. So on Wednesday after school and Evan's Tae Kwon Do an early dinner we visited the Shahs with a nice flourless dense chocolate cake from Central Market. Vivian and Evan sang happy birthday in Spanish (that's about all they do with their Spanish - how much cheaper would it be to hire a personal Spanish happy birthday song coach?) and then I cut small slivers of cake for them and myself (well, proportionately larger small sliver for myself).
The cake was so good that the kids and I had to cut many more tiny slivers and we would have kept going if Jo hadn't been the voice of reason and if bedtime hadn't loomed up out of nowhere.
The cake was so good that the kids and I had to cut many more tiny slivers and we would have kept going if Jo hadn't been the voice of reason and if bedtime hadn't loomed up out of nowhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment