Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tall Stories

Good pictures on Evan are notoriously hard to come by. So here's one all the way back from last July that hadn't made it to the blog. We were in Iceland playing in the lava flows behind the house we had rented outside Reykjavik.



Last week one morning we were getting ready to drop Evan off at school. His friend Elle came up behind us. While we chatted briefly with Elle's dad, the two kids took each other's hand and strolled off into the school. When Jo and I looked at them, they were standing in the hall still holding hands. Elle's other hand was at her head as was Evan's at his. Elle is very clearly a few inches taller than Evan.

Later, when we went to pick him up, I asked "Hey - what were Elle and you doing this morning?"

"We were checking to see who is taller"
"And...?"
"Oh. I'm taller than Elle. I think."

No comments: