Sunday, October 04, 2015

A Big Girl

Zinnia turned One Year Old at a hugely fun backyard picnic party casually thrown together by Tim and Karen. Here she most serenely glances at the camera one last time before giving the cupcakes and the candle her full attention.


After the cupcakes were devoured the older children (including Grandma Lin) played on the zip line. Here, Vivian is being the piƱata (low budget party rental). 


Later that afternoon we were lucky to get Sarah to come over early for a spot of sitting so that Jo and I could go and schmooze Indian physicians at a meet and greet for Jo's non profit.

"Hello - I'm Arun and I'm not a physician. Glad to meet you."
"Hello - I'm Thiru and I'm a colorectal surgeon."

Evan was still exhausted from Zinnia's party when Sarah arrived. But from stories the next morning I'd say things got more exciting. Eleanor came over. Furniture was moved. A fortress was built. But Sarah is the most unflappable sitter the kids have had since Joy.  She's also the most chilled. Today at lunch Evan was telling me that he knew everything.

Me: "So can you live in the wild for a 100 days by yourself?"
"Yes - I know everything"
"Can you light a fire?"
"Sure - I just lit one last night"
"While Sarah was babysitting you? Wouldn't she have mentioned it to Mommy or me?"
"Oh - I made the fire outside"

As it turns out there was no fire. But if there had been one, Sarah would have handled it just fine.

No comments: