Saturday, October 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Greta

On Saturday afternoon we drove to San Antonio for Greta's 50th. She knows how to throw a party. The kids sat with their cousins and had a great time. Evan got on the dance floor with some kids his age and had a blast doing his strange dance while Jo and I tried dancing the two-step badly. There were a few hundred people and we met friends we hadn't seen in years. I met Jo through Nicolle who I met through Greta so I owe her!



By the time we drove to Carol's it was past 11pm. Next morning we walked the dam with Grandma after the customary donuts from Sweetie's. The kids and I have this stupid thing where one of us secretly hurries up and gets somewhere (usually a few steps away) faster than the other and that person leans on his or her elbow and lazily drawls "What's holding you up?"

I went by the restroom at Canyon Lake Dam and by the time I ran half a mile in Carol's purple crocks (I had only brought dress shoes for Greta's party) to catch up with Jo and Carol and the kids I found them leaning on the guard rail.

"What's been holding you up, Daddy?"

After donuts we drove back to Austin, packed and drove to the airport for the kids' upcoming Fall break trip. We'll wake up in London on Monday morning if it all works out.

No comments: