Friday, December 03, 2010

Car2Go2School

Vivian wanted to ride in the little Smart cars - so I signed up for a membership to Car2Go and promised her a ride.


This morning when I was putting the trash out at the curb I noticed one parked across the street. On short notice I decided to use it to take Vivian to school. I held Evan while Jo unlocked the car with my membership card and put Vivian's car seat in place. Then Vivian hopped into her seat and I sat down and noticed that I needed to enter my PIN to get started. After three wrong tries the display said that I needed to start the whole process again.

It's a good thing Jo asked Vivian to step out of the car too - because as soon as I waved my card, the car locked itself and said that I couldn't unlock it with my card because of multiple attempts with incorrect PINs. By this time we were late for school - but Vivian's car seat and lunch box were still locked in the car.  I called customer service and a nice lady from a call center somewhere far (Ireland I think) SMSed my pin to me and unlocked the car.

Vivian and I settled ourselves in and off we went. The drive went without further drama. Once I got a hang of the manual shift it felt like it had more pep. Vivian loved sitting up from where she was able to look out of the large windshield and point out everything on the way to school. At the school parking lot the Car2Go attracted a fair amount of attention for moms and envious kids. And Vivian got to tell Ms. Mary that she rode to school in a Car2Go.


Oh - and this morning daddy and Vivian were in charge of Vivian's wardrobe. We thought she looked cool - though mommy raised both eyebrows when she saw what we had concocted. The band-aid on her forehead matches her dress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she looks great, especially with that matching band-aid! How many kids can say they have gone to school in the Car2Go?!!