A few years ago when I used to take my MacBook to India, I'd get questioning looks. Why not a PC? PCs are considerably cheaper in India. And the software used to be all pirated and free. When Sharath visited us last week, he had already purchased a MacBook Pro and an iPhone. We went to the Apple store at the domain to buy an iPad. All Apple all the time now.
It was Memorial Day weekend and the store was so crowded the air-conditioners could not keep up. Sharath waited for 15 minutes for a genius to stop by and swipe his card. I'd hate to work at a place where my designation and t-shirt said "Genius". Right. Would you like a bag with that?
Apple does get a few things right. At about 8 months, Evan knew how to look at pictures on an iPhone by swiping his fingers across the screen.

No comments:
Post a Comment