As you can see, the blog posts are getting shorter.
After dropping Vivian off at camp (beach day), I handed Evan to Kelli and was looking forward to a morning of R&R. First task was to get Jen to convert the workout to a breakfast. I was famished and sore. But she didn't give in and with that went all thoughts of rest. I crawled back home after my workout. Quick trip to Central Market. Then, what the heck - soccer. By the time I picked Vivian up from camp I was hurting. Tired. Hot. Sore muscles. Hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch. And while it was only 95 in the shade while I was at soccer, I had left my iphone out in the sun - like myself, and it said:
Kelli had put Evan down for his afternoon nap. I got Vivian in bed by 2:45pm. Showered by 3:00pm. Visions of a short nap dancing before my eyes. Evan up at 3:01pm. Vivian out of her room at 3:02pm ("Mommy said that if Evan isn't sleeping I can be up too"). I could have cried. May be I did.
Both kids were in a fantastic mood - which must have contrasted hugely with mine. But evening came eventually. Dinner. Evan to bed. Drawing and writing with Vivian. Vivian to bed. Taking my first sip of an 18-year old single-malt. Jared is stopping by later and I decided not to wait.
Tomorrow - the last day of Champ's Camp. Yesterday Vivian asked me how many days of Champions Camp she had left. I asked her why. She said "Dad I am having fun here but I want to go to Summer Fun Camp and see my friends". This is Vivian's first bona fide camp. Last year Crenshaw's gymnastics camp was a tame affair. And her Summer Fun Camps are really an extension of her GG pre-school. Champions is raw and crazy. Yesterday she sang a Bieber song with lots of actions (wagging the finger with "Never say never", punching and kicking with "I'll fight till forever", dropping to the floor and jumping up with "whenever you knock me down I will not stay on the ground", and pumping her hands in the air with "pick it up, pick it up..."). Today it was the macarena. And the snacks: root beer, banana sunday, cupcakes. Grace Garden is like a convent at an organic farm by comparison.

No comments:
Post a Comment