Vivian and I were chatting about her last day at Grace Garden. I told her that when she is back in the US next year she'll go to Big Girl School. She made me tell her the whole progression:
Me: First you will go to elementary school. Then middle and high school. And then college.
Vivian: And then I will marry?
Me: Nope. Then you get a job. And then you can marry.
Vivian: OK - so after high school I get a job and then go to college?
Me: No honey - I'll pay for your college.
Vivian comes around the table and gives me the biggest hug. Then she says "Daddy - I love you. Thanks for paying for my college."
Later when Vivian and I relate this story to Jo, Vivian adds that I don't need to pay for college because she will use the money from her piggy bank. I tell her that I didn't think there was enough money in her piggy bank to pay for college. She said that she has many birthdays to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment