Yesterday Vivian and Jo drove into town to pick up candles and stuff like that for Evan's birthday party. Evan and I walked to the beach and Jen was already there. It was almost 9am. The beach was empty. Soon an Asian woman showed up with her three year old daughter. They set up their towel not far from us and before you know it Evan was in heaven - playing and chatting and running around with a very pretty girl. Jen continued to nap and read her book. I hung out with an eye on Evan.
About an hour later the lady opened some snacks. Evan acted like he hadn't had any breakfast. He looked at me and I nodded that he could eat. So he settled down next to the girl and chowed down. Then the lady brought out drinks. I reached into our beach bag and brought him over a bottle of water. Jen kept reading and napping. And I didn't think twice about.
Till Jen mentioned in a low voice that the lady had been giving her dark looks all morning. Deadbeat mom. Just lays out there in the sun on her ass. Doesn't take care of her son. It's like the poor man is a single dad.
When Jo and Vivian finished shopping and arrived at the beach Jen announced in a loud voice that carried all over the beach "Hey Mom! Your son is waiting for you".
No comments:
Post a Comment