The speed of time is directly proportional to temperature. Someone with a physics degree needs to prove that. Sunday was very hot and very slow. In the morning I firmly stayed indoors while the kids and Jo pottered in the garden. Then Jo put Vivian's new loft bed together (see a pattern). The kids tried it out and loved it. So much that Evan took his afternoon nap on it. Tim and Ava and Vivian and I went out on a bike ride that spanned both parks in the neighborhood. The kids played till they were wet with sweat and from jumping and cycling into puddles.
We grilled for dinner and then cut up a watermelon and took it with us down to Town lake to watch the sunset. It was pretty. The kids enjoyed watching a stream of stand-up paddlers go by. But Vivian put it eloquently when we returned. "Can we just stay at home where it's cool and there are no mosquitoes?".
Tomorrow is going to be hotter and I hope to do even less.






No comments:
Post a Comment