Summer vacation starts in a couple of days. This is most of Vivian's class, Kindergarten B, and her teachers Ms. Carmen and Ms. Tatiana.
We still think of them as Vivian's "new" friends. She's met her "old" friends innumerable times during the last year but has only had one play date with one of her new friends, and that only because Jo knew his mother pre-Magellan. Getting to know kids and their parents seems to be a slow process. At least for us. Vivian on the other hand seems to thankfully be faster and better at it.
Yesterday we went to school to see the books that the children made. Their last unit of inquiry was fables and each kid wrote and illustrated a short fable in Spanish with a moral at the end. I'll scan a copy of that for the blog in a day or two.
That event was at 9am at Vivian's class. At 8:50am I was still inside Red Black gym seeing if I could possibly be any sweatier. Then I jumped in my car, changed shirts, toweled off and drove like a bat out of hell to her school where I changed shirts again (yes - I remembered to pack two clean shirts that morning before gym) and strolled into her class. Jo was already there with Evan. After Vivian read me her book and Emmy did the same I managed to escape with Evan to the school play ground so as not to inflict further stink upon Vivian's class.
Evan rode on the purple dinosaur. Then ha said "Daddy, come sit on the dinosaur with me". I started to move towards him till he hurriedly added "Daddy you are too sweaty for the dinosaur".


No comments:
Post a Comment