Last Saturday I took Vivian and Evan and Simran to St. Edward's park for a morning hike. Simran was leaving for Kansas for music camp the next day. She's traveled without Jeanne before but with a supervised group from school. This may have been her first trip on her own.
We had a good time at the park. Vivian and Evan collected rocks and sticks and picked up every rolly-polly in the park. Simran was very unhurried and patient and grown-up, more than I recall ever before. Her Dad and I spent many an hour in the same park on our mountain bikes about twenty years ago, well before Evan and Vivian and even Simran. I sometimes wonder how weird it would be if I were dead and Arjun was walking with my children and his daughter in St. Edward's park. No more weird than how things turned out.


No comments:
Post a Comment