For a first grader Vivian has shit loads of homework. And she isn't alone. Eleanor, her neighbor across the street who goes to a different school seems to have even more. It surprises me. On the other hand, once Vivian got into the flow of things, it only takes her about half an hour each evening - which isn't too bad.
Evan used to get bored out of his gourd and bug the crap out of us while Vivian did her homework. But about a week ago I discovered a workbook that Jo had bought a few months ago and Evan and I sat and did his "homework". He loves to do his homework now. Yesterday Jo said "Evan - why don't you watch a cartoon?". "No, mommy - can I do my homework instead?"
Here they are - both doing their home works after dinner tonight. And there's a puzzle we did on Saturday instead of doing homework. Thanks, Jeanne and Simran for dropping off a box full of puzzles.
Evan used to get bored out of his gourd and bug the crap out of us while Vivian did her homework. But about a week ago I discovered a workbook that Jo had bought a few months ago and Evan and I sat and did his "homework". He loves to do his homework now. Yesterday Jo said "Evan - why don't you watch a cartoon?". "No, mommy - can I do my homework instead?"
Here they are - both doing their home works after dinner tonight. And there's a puzzle we did on Saturday instead of doing homework. Thanks, Jeanne and Simran for dropping off a box full of puzzles.


No comments:
Post a Comment