Monday, October 07, 2013

Leak

Some time back we noticed a spot on the bathroom ceiling. As it doesn't rain here for months at a time, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that the spot turned into a crack with a tiny stream of brown water after a rare shower. Darn flat roof sprang a leak. Jo and I had liked the idea of an upstairs balcony and during the Big Remodel nine years ago we put one in over the bathroom - which necessitated said flat roof.

I called my insurance agent who sent a handyman to give me an estimate. Turned out to be a dud. So today Gunaraj and I started on it ourselves. We took down four huge epay beams and sawed the steel gazebo structure so we could remove the corner post that seems to be the source of the problem. Tomorrow the roofer comes to take a look. Looks like there's extensive internal damage. Big project ahead. But great weather to be outside.


Evan stayed home today because he had a slight fever yesterday. He deftly supervised our work.

No comments: