When we left home for Canyon Lake on Friday morning Vivian had it in her head that her mother or her cousins would "soon" join her at grandma's. I was occupied with a certain subfloor (see below) so the kids were left to their own devices. Carol arrived a few hours later and then they at least had grandma. Jo, and then Nicolle's clan (The Cousins) showed up in the late afternoon. But meanwhile I was impressed. Vivian and Evan kept themselves fully occupied outside for the whole day - with a swing made from a flimsy bit of rope and an old riding lawnmower wheel. And the blocks of wood we trimmed off the two by sixes.
But later, once the cousins were there and everything was better, Vivian borrowed my phone (for it's camera) and some of them went on a "hike" past the driveway. When she returned my phone to me there were thankfully no photos of them smoking behind the woodshed. And at least a few pictures that could have been from a hike. They are good. Or smart. I'll take either.
But later, once the cousins were there and everything was better, Vivian borrowed my phone (for it's camera) and some of them went on a "hike" past the driveway. When she returned my phone to me there were thankfully no photos of them smoking behind the woodshed. And at least a few pictures that could have been from a hike. They are good. Or smart. I'll take either.


No comments:
Post a Comment