Monday, March 31, 2014

Rosedale Avenue Dinner

On Sunday afternoon Vivian, Evan and I met Grant at the docks with Alexandra. We sailed for the next few hours. For most of that time there was a very nice 20 knot breeze that made it a lot of fun. But we had to hurry back home. Jo had invited the neighborhood for a potluck.

We ended up having 10 children and 12 adults over. Great company, good food, wild kids. I'm not bragging but here's a snippet of my neighborhood. One interviewed Morgan Freeman that weekend. Another was down with pneumonia (not the infectious variety) and she went for a run, made out-of-the-world cake balls for the party and delivered a few babies while being 30 months pregnant herself. And third said "Sure -  the White House Easter Egg Roll is no problem".

Meghan took some great photos - I borrowed a couple.


Speaking of the White House (how often can I make that segue?) Jo signed us up for Obamacare a few days before the deadline. We should save enough for a nice vacation. While Jo did all the work I had a ringside seat. The website wasn't the problem. It's just that medical health plans are so darn complicated with so many moving parts and terms and definitions and gotchas that you have to be careful. And have some basic knowledge of arithmetic and probability to understand the risks and the trade-offs. 

No comments: