Tuesday, May 19, 2015

To Be Precise

Evan is into preciseness and being literal.

For instance the other day when we were walking into Vivian's school he told his friends "I'm with my Aunt Michelle". Later Alu grumbled that Evan had introduced Aunt Michelle and not him. "I feel like chopped liver" he said.

"I didn't introduce Aunt Michelle"
"Yes, you did - just an hour ago"
"No"

Evan can deny with more conviction and certainty that anyone else I know. So I pressed on.

"Evan - what did you tell your friends when we walked into Vivian's school?"
"Oh - I told them I was with Aunt Michelle."
"See - so you introduced her."
"No - I just told them I was with her. I didn't introduce her."


Or like the time Michelle asked him if he was going to be in the same school as Vivian next year.

"I'm going to be in the same campus as Vivian. I'm already in the same school as her."

He does something else well. If you've told him something before, even if he fully disregarded it then, don't tell him again. He'll throw both hands up in the air like an old Italian man and say "I know! You already told me." 

No comments: