I started out in a wee bit of a hole for Jo's birthday this time. Last year Carol had come over to stay with the kids and I had surprised Jo with a trip to Montreal and Quebec. And the year before that we had all gone to Hawaii. This year I had been gone all of the last week for a fun trip of my own and had barely made it back minutes before midnight.
The birthday gift had arrived while I was gone but Jo had posted positive reviews on Facebook. Here's Evan mucking around on it on Sunday morning. We took Mommy to 24 Diner for breakfast. And then to St. Edwards park for a stroll.
On the way there,
Vivian: "Mommy - how old are you?"
Me: "She was born in Nineteen blah blah. How old does that make her?"
While Vivian is out there doing complex mathematics, Evan pipes up.
"Eighty eight"
"Nope - that's a bit much"
"Okay - how about eighty two, Mommy?"
While Sarah managed the munchkins, we met Travis and Jen and went to Italic for dinner - which Jo had been eyeing since it opened a couple of months ago.
Now to make it through the rest of the birthday week without screwing up.
The birthday gift had arrived while I was gone but Jo had posted positive reviews on Facebook. Here's Evan mucking around on it on Sunday morning. We took Mommy to 24 Diner for breakfast. And then to St. Edwards park for a stroll.
On the way there,
Vivian: "Mommy - how old are you?"
Me: "She was born in Nineteen blah blah. How old does that make her?"
While Vivian is out there doing complex mathematics, Evan pipes up.
"Eighty eight"
"Nope - that's a bit much"
"Okay - how about eighty two, Mommy?"
Then I ran over to Central Market and got stuff to make chocolate dipped strawberries which were well received. Vivian ate five of them and looked like Salvador Dali. Evan on the other hand managed only two and then complained that they were too sweet and switched to plain strawberries. Soon after that Jo left for a spa appointment while I got the kids ready for Sarah.
While Sarah managed the munchkins, we met Travis and Jen and went to Italic for dinner - which Jo had been eyeing since it opened a couple of months ago.
Now to make it through the rest of the birthday week without screwing up.





No comments:
Post a Comment