Monday, September 07, 2015

Day Trip

Last Saturday after the visit to the Thinkery to see Google's self driving cars we drove on to Katy for Hailey's birthday party. I managed to avoid Chuck-e-Cheese's for most of the duration of the party and hid out in the Starbuck's next door but eventually but did go over and meet the kids there. Evan and I played a shooter game. We were escaping pirates and had to shoot our way through giant crab and piranha attacks. Fun. Then we took our "annual professional photos". As you can see, the photo booth at Chuck-e's had a hard time adjusting to the difference between Jo and my almost identical skin tones. Evan and Vivian's photo turned out much better.


Back at the Petrino's, Patrick and I watched the season opener for Montana while Laura and Jo chatted and Vivian got dressed in Hailey's dress-up dresses and the kids played. Then we overstuffed ourselves with Patricia's most amazing roast beef and dumplings, had a rare cup of coffee, and drove back to Austin while Vivian and Evan gently snored in the back seat.

No comments: