Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ewdards

Yesterday we sat out and had a slow dinner for about five hours on the back deck. Wine and grilling and smoking cigars. It will get warm again, but it was a first whiff of fall.

This morning Jo and I checked the temperature - it was 61 degrees a few minutes before seven. Normally after a late night we'd let the kids sleep in a bit. But we opened all the windows and hustled the kids out doors so we could enjoy the coolness. After eating Taco Shack tacos in the back yard we headed to Edwards park with Karen, Ava, Zinnia and Tulip and Nala.


It was lovely outside. Physically, I suppose the place looked very similar to how it did yesterday morning when it was almost 20 degrees warmer. But it felt so much nicer being outside this morning.


After splashing around in the creek for a while we walked up the chalky limestone escarpment. When we came to a nice viewpoint, I asked Ava, Vivian and Evan to pose for a photo. Even flatly refused. I had about taken this photo of Vivian and Ava when Evan jumped out in front of them yelling "Photobomb!". Karen's photo follows - which captures that moment. 




No comments: