We had a great Thanksgiving lunch at Nicolle's where Greta taught the kids how to gamble. I am thankful for Mexican lotto with pennies and beans. What about you?
The turkey behaved itself much better than last year and it turned out at least as good. The rest of the meal was superbly prepared by Nicolle, Michelle, Jo and Carol (and some people at Whole Foods). Then we watched the Longhorns lose and drove back to Carol's with Cade and Grace in addition to our two. On Friday I screwed around with the fence from hell for a little while while it drizzled intermittently. Then Jo left for Austin with out kids, I drove Cade and Grace to New Braunfels and dropped them off, picked up Devyn, and went lumber shopping to Lowe's. We drove back to Carol's, unloaded the truck in a sweaty 75 degree weather and headed for Austin. Twenty five minutes later when we were on Purgatory Road I check the temperature and it was 49 degrees. A fast moving cold front!
Later that evening Devyn sat Vivian and Evan while Jo and I went to Tina's 40th birthday party. It was a nice sit down dinner at a very nice restaurant but we only knew the hosts and Tina's parents and every one else were doctors (mostly rheumatologists, apparently) so Jo and I got a little drunk and enjoyed each other's company and then stopped at the Apothecary for another drink and made it back home after everyone was asleep. Devyn had left a note by the door. "All went great. I had a couple of melt-downs w/ Evan but got it taken care of..."
Another evening at the white wooden house.
This morning we asked Vivian and Evan how things went and if Evan had been a pain. "No. Everything was great" they both said. Lying sacks of shit.
The turkey behaved itself much better than last year and it turned out at least as good. The rest of the meal was superbly prepared by Nicolle, Michelle, Jo and Carol (and some people at Whole Foods). Then we watched the Longhorns lose and drove back to Carol's with Cade and Grace in addition to our two. On Friday I screwed around with the fence from hell for a little while while it drizzled intermittently. Then Jo left for Austin with out kids, I drove Cade and Grace to New Braunfels and dropped them off, picked up Devyn, and went lumber shopping to Lowe's. We drove back to Carol's, unloaded the truck in a sweaty 75 degree weather and headed for Austin. Twenty five minutes later when we were on Purgatory Road I check the temperature and it was 49 degrees. A fast moving cold front!
Later that evening Devyn sat Vivian and Evan while Jo and I went to Tina's 40th birthday party. It was a nice sit down dinner at a very nice restaurant but we only knew the hosts and Tina's parents and every one else were doctors (mostly rheumatologists, apparently) so Jo and I got a little drunk and enjoyed each other's company and then stopped at the Apothecary for another drink and made it back home after everyone was asleep. Devyn had left a note by the door. "All went great. I had a couple of melt-downs w/ Evan but got it taken care of..."
Another evening at the white wooden house.
This morning we asked Vivian and Evan how things went and if Evan had been a pain. "No. Everything was great" they both said. Lying sacks of shit.

No comments:
Post a Comment