Saturday, March 24, 2012

Alarms bells back in Austin

Jo got an email from ADT (our home alarm service provider back in Austin) to rate their service during the last alarm event. Which promted her to enquire what the last alarm event was. To which she received the following reply from one of the two ladies currently living there.
Depending on which day it was...it was probably one of the several days we improperly set the alarm and had it go off during our workout and thus missed the calls from ADT and eventually the cops were dispatched. That actually only happened once I believe. I paid the city fee for the police. The other times we answered and told them it was our error. I also think the dogs have figured out how t [....I wonder what followed here - the rest of the sentence was deleted no doubt by said dogs before the email arrived in Jo's inbox]

Otherwise the event might have been the battery breakdown.
We have also succeeded in setting off the smoke alarm nearly weekly while cooking bacon.

Jo and I rarely managed to set off the alarms (there was that incident with Tim and the cops). So I was rolling with laughter when Jo read the reply to me.

No comments: