Saturday, March 03, 2012

Haircut

The other day I was out. When I came back Vivian was looking very contrite. Jo said "Vivian - why don't you tell Daddy what you did?"

Turns out she had taken a pair of scissors to her hair.


She couldn't explain why. Curiosity perhaps. In any case, she now wants to hide it. "Dad can I wear a hat to school?" Jo puts makes a ponytail right over the offending spot and no one can tell.

The day it happened Vivian got a package by courier. It turned out to be a set of hand-made Valentine cards from her friends in Grace Garden. Ms. Mary - her teacher extraordinaire from two years ago - had painstaking put it all together and sent it to Vivian. She had added a card from herself to Vivian. In it was a letter. Jo read it out to her. "... I saw that you cut your hair...". Vivian let out a whimper and almost fell out for her chair. She must have wondered how quickly Ms. Mary had found her out. Shock, dismay and awe flitted across her face.

Jo explained that Ms. Mary meant her locks-for-love haircut from back around Thanksgiving. Vivian breathed a sigh of relief. I would have let her stew for a bit. It's adds more credibility to my "eyes-in-the-back" of parents and teachers head myth / line that I give her.


No comments: