Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vacation in Hyderabad

I don't like made up words like "staycation". So I won't use it. But that's what we are doing. We are at this hotel in the nerdy part of Hyderabad (I snagged a couple of pictures from their website). We checked in and swam and napped and then went down for dinner to Prego - the Italian restaurant. We  eaten lunch here once months ago. Back then after we finished lunch we found Vivian sitting on the bar and chatting with the manager, chef, and four waiters who were plying her with gelato.


This evening when we walked in everyone greeted us with "Hello, Sir. Long time?". We sat out by the pool and enjoyed a nice dinner. The kids sat at another table and watched a cartoon on the iPad (Steve Jobs - I thank you many times each day).

Then Vivian left with the waiters. A bit later when I checked on her she was back on the bar chatting with the staff. One showed me a picture of her on his iPhone from the last visit - he had entertained her with majic tricks back then.


After we finished, a waiter from another restaurant at the hotel stopped by and gave Vivian a bracelet. It was a handmade lacquer bangle. So we walked into this other restaurant and found a craftsman who sits and makes these bangles for patrons right there - with a little coal stove and all. We asked Vivian to thank him. And he said "Welcome. Good luck on your concert Vivian." And to us "She dances very well".



No comments: