Thursday, May 23, 2013

Home Sick

Could Jo possibly plan it this way? I don't think so but she has left me with a sick child and skipped town before. Last year she and Vivian went to Houston for Brandon's birthday and I got to stay back with a barfing Evan.

This time the night before the morning she and Evan were to leave for Arizona to visit Aunt Jo Vivian woke up with a fever. Next morning she threw up her Tylenol. So after we waved them good bye we went to see the good Dr. Griggs who confirmed that it was a strep infection and prescribed a 10-day dose of amoxicillin. He said that by the second dose she should be much better and by tomorrow morning she could go back to school.


Instead we played hooky. Went to see the Croods. Ate movie theater pop corn. Breakfast at the Shack. Then we got serious and she's cleaned her play room and finished her Spanish homework. Soon she is going to take a book to read while I play mid-day pick-up soccer. So much to do. And no school to get in the way. She'll have to go to school tomorrow though. I am filling in for Jo who volunteered to read a book in Vivian's English class.

No comments: