Jo had signed up to read at Vivian's English class. Then Jo ended up being in Arizona that day so I took her place instead. I got there a few minutes early to find my daughter and the rest of the class finishing up their reading stations. Very nice and focused and well behaved. Then just as I was to have center stage one of the boys produced a bloody tooth on his palm and it took their teacher a few extra moments to get things settled down.
I read "The Amazing Bone" with the class sprawled out on the carpet
in front of me and Vivian sitting in a special chair beside me. Cara had
given Vivian this book. It's a great story and is quirky and has grown
up phrases like spitting tobacco juice and held a pistol to her head. It took about 15 minutes and everyone listened and politely asked questions and appeared interested in the answers. Like Pearl the little pig in the story I was amazed.



No comments:
Post a Comment