Thursday, August 08, 2013

His Her Their and Our

From August two years ago to last August our family traveled as one. Then I got my dad over and since then we have had Her, Their, and Our vacations. For an Our to happen someone needs to mind my dad.

Chicago is Our No. 3. Alu and Michelle reached Austin on the morning of July 31 (thanks!). I left for Chicago the next morning. Due to an untimely event in Jo's family, she and the kids were already in Nebraska and would fly into Chicago the night after. And due to another untimely event in India, Sharath wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago. Partha and Sahiti would arrive in Chicago the same day I did but a few hours later. Capiche?



Which suddenly meant that Our becomes a His and an Our vacation. Ok - the His part only lasts a few hours, but still. I spent it at the Art Institute. I wandered through the Renzo Piano new wing for about half of it and in the American collection for the other half. Amazing and blissful.



This is a Peter Blume from the mid 40's that was commissioned to hang in the Falling Water house. One of the so many amazing paintings.


No comments: