Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sitter

We had plans for Saturday night. But no available sitter. And Amanda and Gordon were getting a bit anxious that we hadn't yet confirmed. So on Friday evening I called Essy.


I've seen Essy from when she was a baby and think of her as someone I "know". And I consider myself someone not easily surprised. So I was wrong on both counts when Essy opened the door. Followed by Sharon a few steps behind. Sharon had the "my-teenager-let-her-highschool-friend-bleach her-black-hair" look on her face.

Evan was asleep when we left Vivian in Essy's care. He had missed his nap and had finally crashed on the couch at 530pm. And he was asleep when we returned. But Essy said he woke up and helped himself to ginger snaps and then went back to bed. Vivian had a great evening and can't wait for Essy to return.

No comments: