Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Wannabe Hypo

Evan loves his chewable vitamins. He eats his quickly and then tries to steal Vivian's. And from that stems his love for all medicines and his efforts and tactics to try and get more meds.

The other day Vivian complained of a ulcer in her mouth. We were waiting for our table in a restaurant in Chicago. I happened to have an oral numbing medicine and cotton swabs in the car (that's another story). So I got them from the car and treated Vivian in the lobby area.  As soon as I finished, Evan jumped in front of her and complained that he too needed some medicine. I asked what was wrong. "I have the hiccups, Daddy", he moaned. And then made a fake hiccuping sound and looked back expectantly.


The previous day my tooth that needed a root canal a year before (that I had ignored) had started acting up. When we came down for breakfast that morning at our hotel, Jo wanted to take a picture of my swollen face because she thought it looked funny (I didn't). You can see Evan photo bombing me and puffing one cheek out to show that he was suffering too.

No comments: