Thursday, August 08, 2013

White Wooden Home

This is Evan doing his disappearing trick at the hotel in Chicago. "Daddy - where is Evan?" Over and over and over again. And it's still adorable.


Then he stopped and said "Daddy - I want to go home".

"Why - are you not having fun?"
"I am having fun."
"And did you have fun with your cousins in Nebraska?"
"I had fun with my cousins in Mebraska."
"Are you having fun with Vivian and Partha in Chicago?"
"I am. But when are we going home? To our wooden white home with Crazy and Grandpa in it?"

The poor lad has always been a homey. Even when he's at home. "Evan - lets go get ice cream." "Mommy - can I stay at home?" It's not a good fit for him - stuck in a band of happy wannabe nomads.

But the recent bout of travel - Austin - Kansas City - Topeka - Falls City - Chicago - had left him breathless. He had stayed in a log cabin outside Falls City. And now at this hotel in Chicago. And he wanted to make sure that we didn't confuse his desire to go home with one of these. He wanted his real home. The white wooden one with Crazy and Grandpa in it.

No comments: