Monday, March 05, 2012

More things we'll miss about Hyderabad

This list adds to a previous post about things we'll miss about Hyderabad:

5. Iron wallah: the man shows up at your door with nicely ironed clothes. Rs 4 (8 cents) a piece. Same day service. Vivian and Evan are going to have to get used to mamma's laundry and drier back home in Austin. And Jo says I'll just start wearing t-shirts 24/7 again.

4. Haircuts at Secnderabad Club: after the gym I get a haircut and a head massage and then add 100% tip and still spend $2. Sure there are places down the street where I can spend Rs 500 ( still only $10) on a haircut, but why?

And from the previous post:

3: Chicken crisp from Nanking (made a run there this evening)
2. Savitri's babysitting
1. Friends and friendhsips

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Austin misses the Chatterjees!!